Wind power has been hailed by environmentlaists as the answer to our climate change woes, despite outragouesly low efficiency, high maintenence costs, large land use, unreliability in production, and concerns over environmental impacts (!). Despite being assured that wind farms will somehow miraculously cure our energy blues, wind power is Fail. Andrew Walden at American Thinker brings us a detailed piece describing the state of abandoned and decaying wind farms in Hawaii — wind farms that were abandoned because they didn’t produce much and cost too much.
Heretical and Not-So-Heretical Musings on Politics
Wind Power Fail in Hawaii
The Republican HereticA Republican and a Heretic, in multiple senses of both words. A small L libertarian conservative in the Midwest, concerned with limiting the size and power of government and halting the growth of the paternalistic progressive aristocracy. Interested in history, religion, and law, and policies dealing with the aforementioned. Will feature comments on stories or articles I find interesting, whether related to politics or anything else that catches my eye.
- RT @peaceischrist: @rsmccain Thank You! Trayvon thought Zimmerman was a Gay Rapist! Out of the mouth of #RachelJeantel on Piers Morgan las… 1 year ago
- RT @Carter137: The fact that the "race-baiters" used a Hispanic who was defending himself as evidence of white-on-black crime shows how des… 1 year ago
- RT @mnrobot: ‘The Greater Good’: Heretical Facts vs. the Myth of St. Trayvon of the Blessed Hoodie nblo.gs/NbNir 1 year ago
- RT @DennisDMZ: By the way AP, don't accuse this administration of Big Brother tactics or you'll be accused of racism. 1 year ago
- RT @michellemalkin: MSNBC talking heads really mopey right now discussing Obama/Holder AP snoop-gate cuz they can't whip out Blame Bush car… 1 year ago
- 2nd Amendment 10th Amendment American Power American Spectator American Thinker Andrew Joseph Stack aristocracy big brother big government Cato climate change CNN college communism conservatism Constitution constitutionality CPAC DailyKos Economics economy education elitism FAIL fascism free market free speech government growth government spending health care hypocrisy individual mandate indoctrination Keynesian economics liberalism libertarianism liberty lulz manbearpig me media bias Moonbattery moral panic MSM nanny state net neutrality NewsBusters Nice Deb nutroots Obama Obamacare PDS political correctness political narratives Politico privacy progressivism propaganda racism Reason Magazine Reason TV Red State regulation Religion Clause Right Wing News socialism socialized medicine taxes tea party Townhall UK unemployment violence violent protests Volokh